Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Sunroofs

Sunroofs are not for the summer.

As I drove to work this balmy fall morning with my sunroof open, it dawned on me how little I actually use it during the sunniest months. In the summer when it's hot I either drive around with the air conditioning on or have the windows rolled down and the sunroof covered. The fact of the matter, at least for me, is that it's just too hot in the summer to open the sunroof.

So why did I insist on buying a car with a sunroof, you may be wondering. Well although I didn't know it at the time I bought my car (because I hadn't ever had a sunroof before) the sunroof is for days like today when we are treated with mild temperatures at the end of October. And even more delicious are those first warm days in April or late March if we're lucky, when there is nothing better than sliding the sunroof open and letting the sun shine in on my vitamin D deprived skin.

Perhaps this makes me like those people that drive around in a convertible with the top and windows up and the air conditioning on but I don't care. It's days like today that I know the added cost of the sunroof was worth every penny!

No comments: