Thursday, May 27, 2010

Living Fully

42 ways to nourish your soul.

As the ups and downs of daily life seem to be on a bit of down swing for me this week, I came across an article I'd copied years ago about nourishing your soul. Since a lack of time and perhaps inspiration have kept me from blogging lately, I've decided that I will use the 42 ways to nourish your soul as subjects for my blog. This will be the first entry. Please feel free to add your own nourishing ways in the comments section of any entry.

1. Swing

What could be better than a ride on a swing. Flying through the air. Pumping your legs to go higher and higher. Oh, to be a kid again! And although I can't remember the last time I had a swing ride like that, I can remember gently rocking to and fro on the porch swing at Dan's parents' cottage in Canada last summer. The morning sun, the afternoon air and the evening bugs all taken in from my seat on the porch swing. Relaxing and calming the gentle sway which admittedly lulled me to close my eyes for a mid afternoon nap more than once.

Porch swings: for the grown up kid in all of us and definitely nourishing for the soul!

1 comment:

alyssa said...

Hi Hope,

This is Alyssa from SMITH Mag, the creators of the Six-Word Memoir
project. I stumbled across your blog and really like format you've got going on. :)

We've had more than 250,000 people submit Six-Word Memoirs at smithmag.net and smithteens.com, and we'd love it if you joined us over at SMITH--if you haven't already--to share some of your stories.

Bonus: your six words could be in a
future book; we've done five books of Six-Word Memoirs so far.

Thanks,

Alyssa
SMITH intern